2008年9月5日星期五

THE BRITISH MUSEUM

Today I have visited the British museum, as many typical British buildings, there were lots of statues on the top of the museum, but the main building was in a Grecian style: eight huge rock pillars were standing at the front of the entrance, on the wall behind the pillars, there were many characters recorded the found of the museum. After passed the main entrance, there was a big round square with a reticulate roof. Sunlight spilled on the marble floor, drilled from the transparent ceiling, the entire inner square looked like a crystal palace.

Around the round square, there were at least six entrances, which lead to the exhibition room, I visited the ancient Egypt, Middle East, Greece and Rome first. There were a lot of sculptures in the hall, Sphinxes, Grecian pillars of Victory, and the reliefs were hanging on the wall. Many reliefs were fragmentary, even some of them were only fragments. All the sculptures exhibiting are huge, and most of them were ten times bigger than my body. As well known, Ancient Greece had a sublime belief about art, as a result, they made sculptures of human and adored it as deity, just like our Ancient Chinese adored dragons.
Moving on to the Themes collection, I discerned quite a lot treasures displayed in the shelf: old collected books from all over the world, many kinds of china and pottery of Stone Age, ancient creature’s fossils, jade carvings, etc. Though there collections were not gold and silver, they were invaluable properties.
At the exhibitions of Europe, where I saw great quantities of metal accouterments and magnificence china., and the jewellerys, which belong to royal members were on the exhibition too. However, I loved the beautiful large cups, and the thick gold necklaces, because their designs were very special and tasty. What’s more, there were metal helmets and ivory clarions in the glass case, which I had only seen in the middle century Europe movies.
I also visited some other places, In America and Mexico hall, I experienced the totems and cloths which used by aboriginal; In China and East Asia hall, I saw Thai cupreous Buddha statuaries and Chinese china and fine jade cravings. The world’s heritages were all gathered in this place.

However, the most interest show must be the theme of mummies. I had never seen mummy before, but this time, I saw at least 10 mummies who had different society grade. In my opinion, they were really hot, and make me very exciting. Some of the mummies were wrapped with thick thread, some covered with squama liked web, some wrapped with cloth directly, and even I could see the teeth on the skull.

Finally, I and my classmate brought some hot-dogs at the flowing tradesman, tasty!

没有评论: